<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Paleo All Hail Kale Salad


I discovered Veggie Grill after living in Los Angeles for about a year. We don’t have this restaurant back in the Midwest, and I was a bit skeptical at first considering it is vegan. All my doubts were whisked away with a bite of the All Hail Kale Salad. I also love the buffalo wings! When I came across this Paleo copycat recipe of the kale salad, I knew immediately I had to make it. Just a warning there are a lot of steps to this recipe, but each is easy! I halved the dressing recipe and still had so much left over. I made a couple tweaks to the recipe. I used apple cinder vinegar in the place of coconut vinegar. Also instead of using the Trader Joe’s mango salsa, I whipped up my own combination with the remaining papaya from the dressing. I really liked the addition of green cabbage in this recipe. It adds a nice bite to compliment the sweetness from the dressing. 


Ingredients
Mango-Papaya Salsa
1 mango, diced
1/2 cup papaya, diced
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 one lime, juice
Lime zest
Pinch of sea salt

Honey Glazed Walnuts and Pecans
2 Tbls honey
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pecans
1/8 tsp sea salt

Directions 
For the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss lightly together. Zest lime on top and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve. 

Recipe adapted from the Detoxinista.

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home