<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paleo Hibachi Veggie Stir-fry


When I was younger, one of my family’s biggest treats was going to our local Hibachi restaurant. We normally went once a year for my mom and my birthday because they are only two days apart. You get so much food you leave thinking you won’t eat again for days. Unfortunately most Hibachi is dosed in butter and soy sauce, but thankfully these are easily replaced in Paleo! From my series “around the world,” you could probably tell I love Asian flavors. Many stir-fry veggies are currently in season and readily available at your local farmers market. I decided to make a quick veggie stir-fry as a side the other night. Not only was it very easy but very flavorful. 

Ingredients
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbls coconut aminos
1 tsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise. Then cut each half in 1/2 inch pieces. Pieces should resemble half moons. Heat skillet to medium heat and add olive oil. Toss in zucchini and yellow squash. Then add coconut aminos. Toss until coated. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until veggies are easily pierced with a fork. Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds. 

Next time I would love to add in snap peas (I’ve checked they are paleo approved), cremini mushrooms and some onions! 

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home