<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paleo Pad Thai with "Sunshine Sauce"


I discovered Pad Thai in college, and it was love at first bite. I love spicy food. Seriously the hotter the better. Might as well burn my taste buds off. Okay not that bad, but you get the picture. Last year, Thai takeout became a staple in my weekly meals. Not only does takeout add up money-wise, it is also doused in who knows what. Yuck! Even though I knew how bad the takeout was for me, I couldn’t stop. I altered between Pad Thai and Pad See Ew. Giving up this addiction (yes it was that extreme) was difficult when I went Paleo. I wasn’t sure I would be able to resist the lure or be able to recreate the flavors in Paleo versions. Thank goodness I was completely wrong!! I have come across countless Paleo Pad Thai recipes, and each is better than the next. After trying the below recipes, I don’t think I will be ever going back to originals. This Pad Thai’s “sunshine shine” sauce is what separates this recipe above all the others I have tried. 


I love substituting spaghetti squash for pasta. Before I went Paleo, pasta was an unfortunate staple in my diet because it was quick and easy. Thankfully spaghetti squash is an easy replacement but not as quick. 

Directions
Set oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash lengthwise and remove the seeds and string bits from the middle with a spoon. Lightly coat the squash flesh with olive oil, which adds a depth of flavor when it roasts. Pop in the oven on a baking sheet rind side up for 35-40 minutes or until you can easily pierce the flesh with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool until you can pick the squash up by hand or with an oven mitt on. This is always the hardest part for me because my patience goes out the window when I’m hungry! After it cools, take a fork and run it lengthwise along the squash’s flesh to create “noodles.” 

Find Mel’s awesome recipe here!

Enjoy! 

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home