<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 26, 2013

Paleo Rosemary and Sea Salt Sweet Potato Chips


I love sweet potato chips! Ok I’ve said it, but I will probably say it again. I love sweet potato chips! Ok you get the point. Sweet potato chips make a great base to add a variety of flavors. I usually simply toss my chips in a little coconut oil and pink Himalayan salt, but this time I wanted to try something new. I love the flavor of rosemary and thought it would be great on the chips. I loved how these chips turned out! They are the perfect savory snack or companion to a meal. Note: Long skinny sweet potatoes make the best chips!

Ingredients
2 large sweet potatoes
1 Tbls coconut oil, melted
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp dried rosemary

Directions
Heat oven to 375 degrees. The high heat will help crisp the chips. Peel sweet potatoes and slice using a mandolin set to 1/8th inch. Grind sea salt and rosemary with a mortar and pest. Toss sweet potatoes in a bowl with coconut oil and salt-seasoning mixture. Place on a non-stick baking sheet (or a regular pan greased with coconut oil) and place into the oven. After 10 minutes, take the pan out and flip the chips. Place chips back in for another 10 minutes. Pull the pan out and place any chips that are starting to brown on a cooling rack. Place the chips back in for 3-5 minutes. Every oven is different so keep a close eye on the chips so they don’t burn. Place remaining chips on the cooling rack.

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Trista said...

I know you posted this several months ago, but I just found it. I tried making these tonight, and I need your advice. I don't know what happened, but the outsides were crisping, but the center of the chip was staying soft. So I kept them in there a little longer. Soon, there were all brown. With soft centers. These look great, but any ideas on how to fix that?

 
At December 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

An important thing I kind of left out was finding a long and skinny sweet potato. I am adding it now! If the sweet potato is too wide, it won't cook evenly. During the last couple minutes I keep an eye on my chips, pulling them out and removing any that are starting to get brown and returning the others until they crisp. I'm so sorry yours didn't turn out but I recommend trying again because I love this recipe so much!

 
At March 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

How do you recommend storing them? I made kale chips once and they went bad overnight due to improper storgage.

 
At March 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I store mine in an airtight container on the counter! I've kept them up to a week without any problems.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home