<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Paleo Grilled BBQ Chicken


Growing up in the semi-South, I have a huge appreciation for BBQ. I went to college near Kansas City, which to me is the birthplace of modern barbecue. People hold true pride in the flavors they create and serve in their restaurants. Unfortunately in LA, there is barely a handful of barbecue restaurants, and none come close to my back home favorites. Utilizing my family’s outdoor grill, I wanted to try a new BBQ recipe. This recipe stuck out to me with its use of cinnamon as a sweetener instead of honey. It was a different BBQ sauce, but I really liked it! 


Grilling Directions:
Preheat grill to medium-high. I used chicken thighs and drumsticks. Wash and pat dry the chicken. This will give you a crispy skin. Divide BBQ sauce into two bowls. Glaze the chicken’s skin side and place skin side down on the hot grill. Glaze other side of the chicken. Close lid and cook at medium to medium-high for 7-10 minutes. Flip chicken and reglaze other side. Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes. Continue to flip and reglaze chicken with second bowl of sauce and a clean brush until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let chicken rest for 3 minutes and serve! 

Tasty recipe from Slim Palate

Enjoy!

x vanessa

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home