<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.plaidandpaleo.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Paleo Grilled Broccolini Two Ways


Did I mention how excited I was to use a real grill this week? I love outdoor grilling and need to get my fill before I return to apartment living in LA. While meat is typically the first thing that comes to mine when you mention grilling, vegetables are a close second. Grilled vegetables take on a slightly charred, caramelized flavor that blows steamed veggies out of the water. Ha- see what I did there? Yes I know my jokes aren’t great. Anyways I found this broccolini and knew I wanted to try out two new recipes. One starts off sweet and ends with a spicy kick. The other balances the flavors of sweet berries and the acidness of vinegar. Both are sure to please! 


Ingredients
24 stems of broccolini

Sweet n’ Spicy
2 Tbls honey
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp chili oil
1 Tbls garlic, minced 

Berry Balsamic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar (I like this one)

Directions
Heat grill to medium-high. For the Sweet n’ Spicy sauce, combine all ingredients into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. For the Berry Balsamic, simply whisk ingredients together. Divide broccolini into two batches in separate bowls. Drizzle 3/4 Sweet n’ Spicy mixture over one bowl, and 3/4 Berry Balsamic mixture over the other. Make sure broccolini is fully coated. Place both broccolini flavors on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes and flip. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until broccolini starts to char. Remove from grill and drizzle remaining glazes on corresponding batches of broccolini. 

Enjoy!

x vanessa 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home